Day 1. New Year's Banquet at Amalienborg castle

Sunday, January 1st

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik hosted the first, of four, New Year's reception for the government, representatives of the official Denmark and the court at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended just as Prince Joachim and Princess Marie did. 


First of all it is time for me to wish you all a Happy New Year! I hope you had the most wonderful evening along with your friends and family. Unbelievable that the calendar already says 2017. I really look forward to share one more year in your company. Once again, a Happy New Year everybody!

Well, a new year also means three days with New Year receptions for the royal family including the biggest evenings of them all: the New Year's Banquet at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg. The ultimate evening! Already around 6 pm. local time the guests started to arrive and about 5 minutes before the dinner began the royal family members arrived. First Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, followed by the Crown Prince couple and then, last but not least Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik. It was all broadcasted live on Danish television, with me glued to the screen (as usual). One day I hope I will get the chance to be there myself and watch them arrive. Maybe one day. They all dazzled looking their absolute best! No doubt that this is my favourite evening.
  The royal family share a couple of pictures, here, taken from the inside of Christian VII's Palace, showing a beautifully decorated table and a room ready to host a magnificent dinner. 


Speaking about the most incredible evening, we also have to speak about splendid outfit. Indeed we saw overwhelmingly outfit and many of them are worth mentioning, but I'll leave the commenting to you. My specialty is royal outfits and I am really thrilled to be the one talking about Princess Marie's, Crown Princess Mary's and Queen Margrethe's evening look with you. Let's take talk about Princess Marie first. She was wearing a grey gown that surprised me. Not something I'd expected, but wauw she made it work. What a figure, not much to hide, but I doubt there is anything to hide. Then we have the Queen in one of her reused taffeta gowns. That colour looks just amazing on her. For sure she is a Queen! Now our Queen-to-be, Crown Princess Mary in her dazzling golden dream of a gown. The very same dress as she wore on the Marco Grop portrait, here, created by Jesper Høvring. Mary got her very own version of one of his dressed from his Aw2016 collection, here. Since we first saw it on the photograph, my only wish to see her wear it for a occasion like this and we did along with a brand new cape made from Lasse Spangenberg Copenhagen! It perfectly matched the golden gown and the Ruby Parure. And look how beautifully the hemline is. Sorry to say to you who didn't like this, but I really do. Even with the black tulle underneath. I also see a Cartier bracelet as well as a Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen diamond bracelet. Till anything else tell's otherwise, her clutch is the one from Judith Leiber. The only thing I have not been able to find out about is what pair of shoes she was wearing, but they look golden or maybe metallic. With makeup and hairstyle, Mary is my number one!

Gown: Jesper Høvring Golden Couture Gown
Cape: Lasse Spangenberg Copenhagen
Jewellery: The Rudy Parure
Bracelet: Cartier Love Bracelet
Bracelet: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Band Bracelet
Clutch: Judith Leiber

No comments:

Post a Comment