Celebrating Princess Benedikte at Amalienborg

Friday, May 2nd
Photo @Agnés Colbert
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended a reception at Amalienborg in honor of Princess Benedikte's 70th birthday on April 29th. 

On behalf of Princess Benedikte's (who is the oldest of the Queen's sisters) 70th birthday, close royal family members were invited to a reception at Amalienborg. The reception took place at Christian VIII's Palace. Frederik and Mary arrived to the birthday reception hand in hand, walking from their own house, Frederik VIII's Palace, right across the castle square. The sun shone perfectly and the Crown Prince Couple really seemed to look forward to spend the day along with their family. Despite it was a part of Princess Benedikte's official calendar, only a few photographers had showed up on the castle square but my sweet Agnés Colbert had. She took some really great pictures of the couple, she allowed me to share with all of you! Please remember to ask her for permission if you want to share her pictures as well. She deserves credit for these wonderful pictures. Thanks! As you see several tourists had a once in a life time experience when Frederik and Mary, out of nowhere, walked across the castle square. An experience I would to have one day.

Only thing left to say is pre-happy birthday Princess Benedikte from Styleofmary and its readers!

 
Photos @Agnés Colbert

Photo @Agnés Colbert
The reason why I think unofficial outfit are the best is because we like to be surprised. The fact that I'm always impressed by her style when she is attending private sessions, is just a bonus. Oh... Mary is really always dressed perfectly! I'm stunned by what she wore at the reception on behalf of Princess Benedikte's 70th birthday on April 29th. I think I am in love with this outfit. The powder pink and white colour makes it the most perfect summer look. So feminine. Isn't she just beautiful? According to Angela, Mary's new snake print coat is from designer Stella McCartney. I'm surprised that the mix of snake print and powder pink make such as great combo, but it does. I would so much like to see what she is wearing under the new coat - something white to match the trousers? Or maybe pink? Nothing indicate which one of it, it is. Could also be a third option I haven't thought of. Staring for a hour on her new coat, I noticed her incredible pointed mesh pumps from Gianvito Rossi. Is my heart beating out of my chest right now? -I think it is! To me, a pair of shoes like this is art. Shapely art. Matching the shoes she wore a brand new suede clutch. I managed to find it at Hugo Boss because of a glimpse of the logo. I can't wait to see all of it again! She accessorized the outfit with some of her favourite jewellery: a Shamballa Jewels and Georg Jensen golden bracelets, rings from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen and those dazzling earrings featuring two different jewellery stones. They are adjustable in length. We have both seen them short and long. Shining as the sun, Mary made me feel in love with her look, everything from top to toe. 

Coat: Stella McCartney Beige Edwige Snake Jacquard Coat £461 (on sale)
Bracelet: Shamballa Jewels Royal Bracelet w. Argyle White Diamond Pavé
Bracelet: Georg Jensen Regitze Bracelet DKK 12.500
Rings: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Bands
Clutch: Hugo Boss Soada Suede Clutch
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Suede Mesh Insert Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment